We always new we were going to have five children. We haven't really prevented anything for the past four years, we had one miscarriage, and then nothing. I though I was just getting older and not as fertile as I used to be. I was starting to think four might be it, and I was JUST FINE with that. Then in March, SURPRISE"!! We are very excited to have another baby in our home and lives. Who can resist a baby to smother!! I'm always guilty of over cuddling and hogging my babies. I don't usually let very many other people hold them. Dixie will feel very fulfilled with a baby to mother and cuddle, she is very excited (this is just what she needs). Easton is always asking when the baby will come out. (he says it's a girl, but he wants a brother) Boden and Timber are also very excited and telling their friends.
I think this will be a totally different experience then all my other babies. I have Boden who, even though he is only ten, has been babysitting for us. Dixie is eight years old and she is a little mother, snuggler, lover, and I will most likely have to pry the baby from her constantly. Timber is VERY independent and takes care of everything herself. She is very good at organizing and loves a project to work on and show off. She is a big help around the house! Easton is turning four this Saturday, he pretty much entertains himself when all the other kids are at school. He builds buildings and towers with his blocks, plays outside, colors, plays with play dough, plays with his friends, and is a good boy.
I think the hardest part will be: first, the pregnancy.....I'm already feeling it: like I have no extra room inside, achy, back pain, tired, etc. The second hardest thing will be keeping baby from catching sickness from the other kiddos. Always a problem.
I'm happy to know this is my last. I love babies, who doesn't? But honestly, I know how much work and worry they are and can be. I hope this one is a healthy one. (the girls always seem to be healthier than boys in our family) Our due date is November 23rd.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Darins face after being stung by a bee on the eye lid. Unforgettable.
Neal A. Maxwell in the Ensign said:
"God does not begin by asking us about our ability, but about our availability, and if we then prove our dependability, He will increase our capability!"
"LIFE is an OCCASION...RISE to it!"-Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium
Angels in Times of Need
Posted: 23 Jul 2009 12:00 AM PDT
"I testify that angels are still sent to help us, even as they were sent to help Adam and Eve, to help the prophets, and indeed to help the Savior of the world Himself."
Jeffrey R. Holland, "The Ministry of Angels, Ensign," Nov. 2008, 29
LOVE THIS:
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered with failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in that grave twilight that knows no victory or defeat."-Teddy Roosevelt
YAAAYYY!!!! I am sooooo excited for you! I think this baby will be such a joy and considerably easier than the others with so many helpers and the 4 yr gap. The only real hard part will be getting back into the baby night time schedule!!! NURSING!!! I am so happy for you guys and CANNOT wait to meet the sweet little person in your belly!!!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!!! That is exciting! Your are such a neat family this lil baby is so special to be a part of it!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I have a 14 yr gap between my oldest and youngest and it was nice to have the help from the older kids.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS and Happy Mother's Day!!! We took Grandma out to lunch, it was a nice day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Day!!!!! I'm so excided to come for thanksgiving and help with the new baby and of course to be with all of you!!!!
ReplyDeleteI miss you all so much!!!!
Love Grandma Perry