We have such a wonderful ward, with fun and
inspirational friends!!! Today we did London's run here in Queen Creek at
Schneff Farms. I'd say there were about 50 people just from our ward there.
Boden and I ran a 10K through beautiful FARM FIELDS early in the morning!!!! (
That's the part of Queen Creek that makes me feel at home, farming!) Heather
Wendt, (the most inspiring,
positive, giving, friendly, and fun girl) introduced us to London's Run. Its a
benefit run for children in Queen Creek and
surrounding areas who are fighting cancer. Her son
benefited form it last year. When you hear their stories you cant help but tear up! We had such a memorable day!!! Dixie wants to RUN next year. And if you know Dixie, she usually does the easier things.
Boden, at the last minute, decided to run with me. He did so good. He was thinking about walking at mile two, but at mile five he caught up with me!! I am so glad. He won third place and got a very nice metal.....One the way home he said, "Well mom, I guess I'll have to go running with you from now on." "This is my FIRST running metal." He is so motivated by metals and trophies, its good! I'm glad he chose on his own accord to finish and DO something HARD! Anyways, the rest of the morning the kids had fun Bull riding, Alligator, snake and turtle petting,
bouncy house jumping and sliding, snow cone eating and crafting....Its was a good day.
I am so happy you guys are loving it there. I LOVE that you and Boden did the run together. Did Darin decide not to do it? I LOVE the photo shoot :) I miss your ninos... and you of course! I really can't wait to see you in March when we come for Catherines wedding! You would be so proud of me... I did my longest run yet today!!! You're my inspiration :):) I'll call you soon or you call mee!!!
ReplyDeleteXoXOXOxoOX
Your baby sister
Wow, that is soo cool!! Boden, I am so proud of you. It's not easy to do hard things, but it can be worth it!! We love you guys and thanks for the update!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job guys! I love that Boden ran with you. What an amazing young man and what a great cause! I'm so glad that you love your new home. We can't wait to come visit you someday! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteWhen ever I see your pictures and hear about all the exciting things you all do, It just makes me want to cry!(happy tears of course!) There is nothing in this world more satisfying then to see your children loving each other and playing and doing new things together!!!! Thank you for sharing your self's with us !!! Boden, Dixie, Timber and Easton You all look so wonderful out there doing things you have never done before!!! I'm so proud of you all!!
ReplyDeleteLove Grandma Perry