Friday, October 23, 2009

Londons Run

So I've been working on my running and looking forward to doing London's Run at the end of January. I've run ten miles without stopping so far and felt like I was doing good! All of the sudden Darin decided he was going to do it too. He started looking at the times that people ran it in the last two years, and He decided he was going to run the Half Marathon at a pace of 8 minute miles. Darin hasn't done any running since we've been married, so I chuckled at him. He took that as a challenge and one week later he's running 7 minute miles for like four miles in the mornings. There is no way I could run seven minute miles...I've been running for a couple of months in the mornings and I only run like ten minute or eleven minute miles (on long runs).. I am amazed he can do that, I thought he'd give himself a heart attack or something. Although I know he's mostly doing it to prove me wrong, I'm happy that he is finally getting regular exercise!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you guys!! I need your motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous. Hugh refuses to run; he blames it on having to do it to much in the navy. And I never get enough times to go do it regularly!!! A half marathon? you are brave. One day I'll feel confident enough to that! I did however run a 5k in Boise with ant Michelle. I did it in 28 minutes! I think that's a little over an 8min. mile. Good job sista. I can't wait to run with you one day. We will have fun together. I'll let you coach me!! You are gonna be so good at this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! That is awesome that you are running up to 10 miles at a time. I wish I had time to do that. Someday! Seth is the same way. He wont work out for several months and then run 5 miles like it's nothing. Wish I was like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey you woman. i have tried to post something like 50 times on your page. this thing is confusing! anyway....you guys look like you said fun. I;m jealous that we weren't there! next time. XOOxooxooxooxoxOXOx

    ReplyDelete

Darins face after being stung by a bee on the eye lid. Unforgettable.

Darins face after being stung by a bee on the eye lid. Unforgettable.

Neal A. Maxwell in the Ensign said:

"God does not begin by asking us about our ability, but about our availability, and if we then prove our dependability, He will increase our capability!"
"LIFE is an OCCASION...RISE to it!"-Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium

Angels in Times of Need
Posted: 23 Jul 2009 12:00 AM PDT
"I testify that angels are still sent to help us, even as they were sent to help Adam and Eve, to help the prophets, and indeed to help the Savior of the world Himself."
Jeffrey R. Holland, "The Ministry of Angels, Ensign," Nov. 2008, 29

LOVE THIS:

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered with failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in that grave twilight that knows no victory or defeat."-Teddy Roosevelt