Tuesday, August 4, 2009
New Pleasures
Like a year ago I was feeeling very unhealthy and having heart palpitations (PVC's)...During that time I felt like I was getting old, like my body was starting to "fall apart". I know, I know ...I'm young right, (30 is the new 20?) But, I honestly was thinking and feeling this way. During that time Darin gave me a priesthood blessing. In that blessing The Lord said that I have a healthy heart, and would still do many more things in this body....While he was saying that, I imagined myself running!!!! Something I longed to do, but the cold weather in Idaho isn't accomodating to outdoor exercise except for like six months of the year....At least for me, the freezing air made me wheeze and feel asthmatic. But, a year or so latter, I find myself in Arizona with the most amazing ward and friends. (The Gospil is such a blessing!!!!) Anyway, Natalie and I started walking everyday...which is great! Its so nice to know that she is waiting for me....If I didn't have that thought in the mornings, I'd probably sleep in at least half the time! I've had the desire to jog forever, but thought my exercise induced asthma would give me problems. Natalie and I started small, we would just run like a fourth to a half mile during our regular walk.... But, last Saturday I decided I was going to just do it. I thought it was like three to four miles to the church and I ran with out stopping...(I found out today it was almost three) I was so excited!!! It felt SO GOOD! Like my body wasn't holding me back anymore! Today, Ally, Natalie ,and I ran four miles!!! Im so excited, I feet great! Its so amazing to me that I feel so good running (jogging). I've had no asthmatic wheezing or anything!!! Yea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Darins face after being stung by a bee on the eye lid. Unforgettable.
Neal A. Maxwell in the Ensign said:
"God does not begin by asking us about our ability, but about our availability, and if we then prove our dependability, He will increase our capability!"
"LIFE is an OCCASION...RISE to it!"-Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium
Angels in Times of Need
Posted: 23 Jul 2009 12:00 AM PDT
"I testify that angels are still sent to help us, even as they were sent to help Adam and Eve, to help the prophets, and indeed to help the Savior of the world Himself."
Jeffrey R. Holland, "The Ministry of Angels, Ensign," Nov. 2008, 29
LOVE THIS:
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered with failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in that grave twilight that knows no victory or defeat."-Teddy Roosevelt
Juliea that is awesome! Good for you! I've started running again and Janess and I are going to do a 5k in September. Wish me luck! I'm still getting back in shape from having Everett. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteGood Job! When Dad and I ran regularly, we worked ourselves up to 7.5 miles over a 6mo period. It felt great but I still didn't lose the weight I was hoping for. Anyway, I got frustrated and stopped, now Mandy and I have renewed our selves and we are at it again. I really do like it. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete